World Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (WJERT) has indexed with various reputed international bodies like : Google Scholar , Index Copernicus , Indian Science Publications , SOCOLAR, China , International Institute of Organized Research (I2OR) , Cosmos Impact Factor , Research Bible, Fuchu, Tokyo. JAPAN , Scientific Indexing Services (SIS) , Jour Informatics (Under Process) , UDLedge Science Citation Index , International Impact Factor Services , International Scientific Indexing, UAE , International Society for Research Activity (ISRA) Journal Impact Factor (JIF) , International Innovative Journal Impact Factor (IIJIF) , Science Library Index, Dubai, United Arab Emirates , Scientific Journal Impact Factor (SJIF) , Science Library Index, Dubai, United Arab Emirates , Eurasian Scientific Journal Index (ESJI) , Global Impact Factor (0.342) , IFSIJ Measure of Journal Quality , 

World Journal of Engineering
Research and Technology

An International Peer Reviewed Journal for Engineering Research and Technology

ISSN 2454-695X

Impact Factor : 5.218

ICV : 79.45

News & Updation

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Article are invited for publication in WJERT Coming Issue

  • WJERT New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJERT Impact Factor has been increased from 4.236 to 5.218 due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • ICV

    WJERT Rank with Index Copernicus Value 79.45 due to high reputation at International Level

  • WJERT SEPTEMBER ISSUE PUBLISHED

    SEPTEMBER 2018 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 September 2018

  • New Issue Published

    Its Our pleasure to inform you that, WJERT 1 September 2018 Issue has been Published, Kindly check it on http://wjert.org/home/current_issues

Indexing

Abstract

DESIGN AND SIMULATION OF A HYBRID BIOMASS-SOLAR RENEWABLE ENERGY SYSTEM FOR RURAL DWELLERS IN NIGERIA

Njoku Chiemezuo*, Onojo James O., Chukwuchekwa Nkwachukwu and Okafor Kennedy C.

ABSTRACT

This paper aims at designing a stand-alone hybrid power plant which uses solar and biomass renewable energy systems to produce electricity that can be used to power rural areas in Nigeria. The location selected for the study is Unwana community in Ebonyi state which is in South-East geo-political zone of Nigeria. The location is estimated to have a total of one hundred households, eight shops, one public primary/secondary school, one community hall, one community health center, community water project, street lights and miscellaneous load. The average daily demand for the location is estimated to be 240.1 kWh/day with a peak demand of 41.6 kW. The location has an annual solar irradiance of 4.71kWh/m2/day and a yearly average temperature of 24.91 . The biomass feedstock used for the study is rice husk. A daily average of 1.5 metric tons of rice husk is obtainable in the location. HOMER Pro software was used to design, simulate and optimize for the best hybrid system combination to satisfy the demand of the location given the available resources. The system with the lowest Net Present Cost consist of one 20kW biogas generator, one 10kW biogas generator, 4.6kW PV panels, 31 strings of 12V, 1kWh lead acid battery and 8.65kW converter. 6.3% of the total power is derived from solar and the remaining 93.7% from biomass.

[Full Text Article]